When you look in the mirror at yourself and just look in your own eyes for a while -

what do you see? What's your best Personality Trait or Physical Trait that you see or that you know exists you're proud of?

When I look at my eyes at think of myself while putting on makeup or washing my face I see that my love for my kids is as strong and good as I knew it would be twentyfive years ago when my first baby was born.
What do you see now in your eyes of your life considering what you've been through in your life and where you hope to go in your life?

lfl

Asked by lfl at 12:46 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• I see someone that I thought would never have the chance to be a Mommy. I look at myself now and I may be old and I may be fatter I may never wear a size 4 again but i did it! I am a Mommy and now I know what it is like to love someone unconditionally.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 12:50 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I havnt looked into the mirror in a while now. Every time i do i end up crying. I have been through a lot of emotional pain lately and it is showing. When i see myself in the mirror it makes me feel that much worse.
    Anonymous

• When I look myself in the eyes in the mirror I see someone that has overcome so many trials... But I know in my heart I have always put my children first. I have done my best to love, care and protect them. That to me is whats most important. I also see a woman who is honest, loving and my Hubby's best friend through everything. So I'm content with my life, and wish everyone knew how that feels.. I will never take that for granted.
    I would have to say my favorite thing about my face that I see, are the color of my eyes(hazel). They are unique to me. When my Hubby looks at me he always say's I'm beautiful, it makes me melt... Good question btw..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:54 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I look in the mirror and see a life I have wasted...(other than being a mom)...and that I am not getting any younger
    I hate looking in the mirror!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:01 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I look in the mirror and see that I'm beautiful.
    Anonymous

• When I look back, I see many wonderful memories.  When I look forward, I see many wonderful possibilities.  Either way, there is always love.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:18 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• i think i wish i would have known what i know now
    Anonymous

• 1150anony sigh I do know what you mean I do even though we might not share the same pain. I finally knew that I didn't need anyone's permission to be better I needed my permission to feel better. Sleeping and hugging 1 of my kids stuffed animals was my start. Listing often sometimes everyday sometimes a lot of times a day what I believed deep in me of good helped strengthen me. And I'm ongoing in my church searches. Now I understand why I've been uncomfortable in church. I know what type of church I do feel good in. I'm just waiting for my churches service times to equal good weather to get there. What helped me understand that is from so many women on CM who I know only by anon and their screen names who have told me in multiple conversations for a long time that prayer and consolation doesn't absolutely have to be in a church. Knowing other women pray outside of church hours makes a big difference in me. Feel Better.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 3:54 PM on Jan. 4, 2010