Are vasectomies 100%?

I've heard that although chances are slim you can still get pregnant after getting your tubes tied. Does the same thing apply to a vasectomy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Chances are slim but yes it can happen.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 12:55 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• yes I have a friend who was born after her dad had one and then she got a baby sister lol.

My dh had one about 3 years ago and we havent had any problems, most of the time they work but every now and then there is a oops. I cant remember the failure rate our doctor told us but it wasnt very high at all, it is rare that it fails.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:56 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Yeah the are not 100%. He can have his sperm tested periodically to make sure. I'm considering Essure, so far its 100%.
    Anonymous

• I am proof they are not 100%
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 1:12 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• So far so good for us.
    Anonymous

• most dr do alot of check ups on men after they get it done they check to make shur sperm count is dead
    but please be shur thats what u want
    Anonymous

• I'm due to have a baby in july from a guy that had one years ago.However you must consider despite having the procedure did he follow all the aftercare to make sure all was as it should be just because you get snipped and give healing time does not mean it will be 100% anyways.There is things to consider aftercare testing of the sperm,how does the procedure area look and so on.Which this guy did none he assumed being he was with several woman over the years and non got pregnant he was ok.I told him well you were lucky just poor timing on there cycles so live and learn he is going to be a dad and me a mom i guess only assurance to true birth control is staying away from sex unless your willing to run the risks no matter how low you feel they can be.
    Anonymous

• Nothing is 100% except no sex at all! :(
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• i have read that essure is 100%, if you go for the follow up appointments.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:28 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Only abstinence is 100%. NOTHING can be 100% if you're having sex, except maybe a hysterectomy.
    Anonymous