What do you think/what would you do?

My mom's friend has lung disease and mabe lung cancer. I'm not 100% on the diagnosis, but I know there is no treatment for her specifically and it's just a matter of time before her lungs stop functioning. She lives with her boyfriend. Her boyfriend brought his 16 year old, spoiled brat daughter to live with them. She does not do anything to help out around the house, has a bad mouth, and gives my mom's friend a horrible time. A few weeks ago the daugher refused to help clean up so my mom's friend popped her on the arm, so she kicked her in the chest, knocking the wind out of her and then called the police. The 16 year old got lectured form the officer and removed form the house. This time, the 16 was doing the same and mom's friend slapped her. She called the cops and now my mom's friend is in jail. I know, she never should have laid a hand on her, but she's sick and cranky ... continued in answer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• well havin grown girls bin threw alot with them
    that girl huhhhh alot of moms wouldnt put up with that she is ungreatful
    someone will report her hitting her elders and she will be put away
    u know its the same as hitting your husband and visaversa kids r no exception
    except cops try to keep them in there home cause no one wants to put up with kids like that
    u can offer help but dont get into the middle of it if u can help it
    she will hit the wrong person and she will get it
    its not nice to say but its true
    cherylc1962
    cherylc1962

Answer by cherylc1962 at 1:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• and this girl really is a brat making it hard on everyone. And the dumb ass boyfriend/girls father doesn't want to discipline his precious little girl at all. And since she knows she's dying, she doesn't want to leave him or be alone. I'm just disguised by all of it, but think it sucks she's in jail. But again, I know she never should have touched the child. Any advice, tips, anyone been in a similair situation, how did it work out?
    Anonymous

• You have no power here. Nothing you can do.

You can offer your mother's friend a place to live.... but if she refuses you are helpless.

Sad that in the final moments of her life she must deal with this horrible mess... but we all make choices in life... up until our last breath.

If you are so inclined - Praying is also a good idea.
    Anonymous