How much should my dd be eating?

7am-breast (sometime breakfast, just depends)

10am-breast, breakfast: 3 tblsp of cereal mixed with 1/3-1/4 jar(4oz) fruit, 2oz bottle(to mix cereal)

1pm-lunch: 40z bottle, i/3 -1/4 jar(4 oz) veggie, 1/3 jar(20z) meat, and sometimes cereal mixed with meat, about 2 tblsp

4pm- breast and snack (a mum-mum which is a rice cracker thing)

7pm- dinner: breast, 1/3 jar(4oz) fruit, 1/3 jar(40z) veggie, 1/3 jar(2oz) meat mixed with about 2 tblsp cereal, 20z bottle to mix cereal

Is this enough or too much??

inay522

Asked by inay522 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is your daughter?
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:16 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• that sounds right to me. just pay attention to your child. she will let you know when she is hungry.... and when she is full. so long as she isnt vomiting after meals... i think you arent feeding her too much
    IGotLuckyInKy

Answer by IGotLuckyInKy at 1:17 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• You don't say the age of your baby.

You never need to feed cereal, jar food, or puffs. They are over processed, expensive, and have to be spoonfed.

Exclusive breastfeeding is recommended until 6 months. Then the baby can start with banana, sweet potato, or avocado. The baby can feed itself. Breastmilk should remain the main source of nutrition for the first year.

www.kellylmom.com is a great breastfeeding web site and has info about starting solids.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:25 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• My son is 7 months old and this is his schedule....not sure if he should be eating more or not but the doctor says that he is doing great.

8am-8oz bottle and bowl of infant cereal
    12pm-8oz bottle and 1/2 jar veggies
    4pm-8oz bottle and 1/2 jar fruit
    8pm-8oz bottle and bowl of infant cereal
    Anonymous

• If your baby is growing and thriving, then you are doing just fine
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:44 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• www.kellymom.com is the website. I got an extra l in there
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:49 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Cereal is empty filler and is taking too much place of breastmilk or formula if your baby is under a year old. Cut it out. If you are giving jarred meats (ever tasted them? eww) I would stop the jarred stuff and just go to real table food. Less hassle, more nutritious, and more good fiber for the poop.   Far less stressful and worry free because the baby will be regulating her own intake.

http://www.borstvoeding.com/voedselintroductie/blw/engels.html

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:14 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• By the way, those jar foods are half water. So you are paying for over boiled vegetables/meat/fruit and water! To get a real feel for the oddity...look at the jarred bananas and then mash a real banana -- I'm telling you it doesn't compute! How they make jarred mashed banana look like that is beyond me!
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:16 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• That sounds really good to me. I think babies know when they are full- so as long as she wants the food, and it is healthy- which it seems like it is- it sounds like you are doing great!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:07 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• oops sorry, shes 7 months and weighed 14 lbs 10 oz at her 6 month checkup
    inay522

Answer by inay522 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 4, 2010