SAHM VS WORKING

I dont want to start an argument. I think both are fine situations and it only depends on what the family feels is best, but since Ive joined a couple weeks ago Ive noticed a lot of hate between SAHM & Working moms and vice versa.
Why is there so much hate if we are both doing what we feel is best for our kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Most of what I see is working moms bashing SAHMs even a couple moms on here who say they use to be a SAHM decide as soon as they arent one then it is a bad thing.
    Its childish if you ask me
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:24 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I agree.That is why I choose not to ever respond to those petty posts where people try to argue this topic. Do what makes you happy, because a happy mom is a good mom!
    Anonymous

• I dont hate on anyone. I am a stay at home mom of a 5 and 3 1/2 year old girls and its going to stay like that forever. I choose not to work because i don't like working, there is no job i like to have that will make me happy. My husband works and thats all i care about. he is in the army, makes his money even though it is not a lot but we get by. I dont want to work for 8 bucks a hour and all of it has to go to after school day care. Plus both of my kids are not in full day school. Both do half days for 2 1/2 hours. Kinder and pre-k. so why work? Who ever chooses to work is fine by me, its what he or she chooses.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 1:25 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I have to agree with you! As a mom and as a part of your family you have to do what is best for your children and your family. I do see a lot of angry comments towards one another. It really isn't needed.

Danielle Shellhorn
    www.momsforahealthyhome.com
    www.danishel.blogspot.com
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 1:26 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I agree with PP. It is childish. I am a SAHM because I think it is the best thing for my son, SO makes decent money and we make it just fine. So in our situation I would rather have less money and more time with my son, I do however plan on going back to work when DS starts school, I will work the hours he is at school and then at that point in his life he will still have me around when he is home and we will then have more money for things that he needs, I think you just have to do what you think is best for your kids.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I see it from both directions. SAHMs say things like, "I think it is the best thing for my son, SO makes decent money and we make it ust find. So in our situation, I would rather have less moeny and more time with my son" etc. things like that make working mom's feel bad because its basically saying they aren't doing what is "right" and spending more time with their kids. Then there are working mom's who say things like, "you're not contributing to your family, etc" that makes SAHM feel bad because they aren't financially supporting their kids. I see it both ways- and I'm not bashing blainesmommy, I just used that as an example.

I think you're right, all mom's are doing what they think is best for their kids.
    Anonymous

• I'm a SAHM because child care on Long Island is an arm and a leg and it wouldn't be worth the money. I really don't give a rats ass whether you work or stay home and I'm more than sure I'm not the only one.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:36 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• It goes both ways and it's utterly ridiculous. What works for you works for you...I could give a crap less if you choose to work or stay at home. Neither one makes you any better than anyone else and if you think it does that's just arrogance to be honest.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:39 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I think that most of the working moms vs SAHM's debate happens because of these kind of questions. It's a legitimate question too. It's just that it only takes ONE mom, working or SAHM to make a rude comment and it'll blow up from there! And then everybody starts bashing each other.

Like you said, everyone does what is best for their family and that's all that matters.
    Anonymous

• It's dumb, but ya its on here all the time...
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 1:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2010