colic!!! HELP!!!

ok my baby has colic, what things did you dol to help, shes about 3 and a half months old i thought it went away at 3 months? I just hate seeing her miserable

xxSummaxx13

Asked by xxSummaxx13 at 1:24 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try gripe water or mylicon drops. They worked wonders for my son.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:58 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• My son was about 6 mos before it completely went away. Unfortunately, time is the only thing that can cure colic. It does get better, so hang in there, and learn to cope the best you can. I found that the 5 'S' worked- http://www.babyslumber.com/happiestbaby.html . Also, get some relief! Have a family member or friend come over and sit with her while you get out and relax your mind. It can really take a toll on your sanity, so take good care of yourself!
    Hope this helps!
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 1:29 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• You can get a digestive aid in the pharmacy to relieve some of the pain. Making sure there is no air in the bottle and stopping feeding about half way through for a burp will help prevent gas as well.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 1:35 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Colic can last as long as nine months.

What worked for us was baby wearing and an ounce of chamomile tea at night.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:15 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• My son had colic for close to 6 months - - we used a combination of mylicon, colic tablets (homeopathic tablets), swaddling, and baby wearing to help make life for those 6 months bearable. Sadly, there's nothing to do to make it completely go away - but these things all helped in their own ways. :D Hang in there!!!!
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 2:51 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• running water put her feet in it let her hands run threw it, also try christmas lights that blink but of course put them back far enough so she cant touch. also if u have a cat or dog,let her pet and touch it.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 3:11 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• White noise worked for us- we have a loud bathroom fan and spent lots of time in the bathroom with baby swaddled, held on her side, and swaying her back and forth listening to the fan. We would trade off, five minutes or so each to give the other one a break. The swing worked wonders too, once we got her to sleep it would keep her asleep. Hang in there, Mama, soon enough she will be past this phase but I know it is brutal while it lasts. The Happiest Baby on the Block gave us lots of good tips- watch the video rather than read the book though- IMO the book is kind of cheesy and it doesn't take 200 pages to get the basics.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:53 PM on Jan. 4, 2010