Be honest!!!

Please be honest! Has anyone gotten so frustrated with the kids and hubby that you just wanted to get up and leave...and never come back???????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes I have that when I know it is time for some meeee time!! That usually helps
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:32 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I've never wanted to leave and never come back, but there's been times I've left for a few hours
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• not me, i know that it can be frustrating but its never gotten to that point with me.
    Anonymous

• oh yeah....
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:34 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Yes, your normal =) just don't leave though
    Anonymous

• Yes. Especially when I thought I had no choice. I'm still here. And the only thing keeping me here is life as my girls know it will cease to exist. Hubby will not take them to 4H, dance, sports, school activities, etc.
    Anonymous

• It happens. I've not wanted to 'never come back', just get away for a bit.
    Anonymous

• Of course. I have even imagined where I would go and what it would be like. I would visualize it. It's a good thing

I was/am the single mother of 3 sons with no help. No family. The oldest 2 went to their father's every other weekend but there was not break from the youngest. The youngest had developmental disabilities and has bipolar disorder. They all have medical problems. We homeschooled.

I made it. They are now 30, 26, and 21. None of them got anyone pregnant as teens or any other big problems. The oldest two went to college. The youngest has an IQ of only 80 and he is starting college in Jan. He passed all their admission tests.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:40 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I think our 'imagination' is what keeps us sane sometimes. Being able to just imagine for a second a world without needy kids and husbands seems like a peaceful bliss. Don't for one second let yourself feel bad, your perfectly normal in feeling this way, I think people may have been concerned by your 'never come back' comment but im guessing it wasnt a literal statement, if it was however, dont let those feelings of frustration build up so much to where you literally can't take it anymore. Talk to your husband about your feelings too. Everyone needs some alone time and I bet he'd be understanding enough for you to get out for a bit.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 1:50 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Well yeah. Then I remind myself if I did leave, the house would fall apart. DH would go crazy kids would starve and be covered in dirt from lack of bathing. lololol. Its really great to know that without ME nothing would work out in this house!
    mommymeof2

Answer by mommymeof2 at 1:53 PM on Jan. 4, 2010