hOW TO LOSE MY BELLY FAT FAST?

I HAD MY SON TWO YEARS AGO AND NEVER WORKED OUT AFTER NOW I AM STARTING TO WORKOUT AND I AM REALLY TRYING TO LOSE MY BELLY FAST BUT ITS NOT GOING ANYWHERE. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY TIPS ON HOW TO LOSE THIS BELLY? PLEASE HELP!!! I will even try a diet anything.

mommydanni244

Asked by mommydanni244 at 2:26 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Lose it fast, gain it fast!
    Diets and diet aids are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 2:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I lost 7 inches from my waist & 4 inches from my hips last summer when I followed the South Beach plan, & I didn't gain anything back after the initial Phase 1. In fact, I still gradually lost weight & I didn't gain a pound over the recent holiday weeks. The key is to cut way back on your carb consumption. Eat 6x a day, watch portions, lots of fresh or steamed veggies (not winter squash, peas or corn) with lean meats & low fat cheeses along with clear or veggie soups. When you eat carb foods, keep it in moderation & stick to fresh fruit & other high fiber foods like All Bran cereal & cooked dry beans or lentils. I still avoid baked goodies, bread, rice and pasta. I drink nothing but water or unsweetened iced tea. I changed my way of eating, hopefully for life!

Carbs turn into glucose in your digestive system & glucose is turned into fat if it's not used. That fat tends to stay in the trunk of the body for the most part.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 3:20 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Well we all know the obvious...eat right (fruits and veggies, drink lots of water) I mean we know what is good and what is bad try eating in portions instead of going for that second plate "Don't" and go from there.

I know it is sooo hard believe me I am like you every time I bend over or sit at the computer I feel nothing but flab hanging over :( it is so uncomfortable knowing this is there but yet I don't do much about it. It is really up to the person to get after it so when ever we decide to move our body's that is when we will see results. Remember we did not get flabby over night :( GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:29 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Belly fat is the hardest to get rid of!!! I have found a great company that has fantastic weight management products - I love the nutrition bar - it actually turns your fat into fuel - I just eat one before I exercise, clean the house or take the dog for a walk - this has really helped me reduce my middle! The bars taste great too! If you want more info, please contact me through my cafemom mail. Good luck
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 11:33 AM on Jan. 5, 2010