Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Physician Assistant

My mom wants to go to PA shool. Does she need a degree to get started?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

Answers (4)
  • college councleor can answer all the questions

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 2:31 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

  • Traditional PA school requires an undergrad degree. It is usually a 2 year program. If the student does not have a BS degree, science prerequisites may be required depending on the school.

    Some schools have extended programs for non-traditional students who may only have an associates degree or did not complete their undergraduate degree.

    Answer by ecodani at 2:33 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

  • She should check the job market, before she goes any farther.

    Answer by rkoloms at 2:34 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

  • Oh yes. YOu need an undergraduate degree and you need to have completed all sorts of prerequisite classes (Bio. Microbiology, Organic Chemistry, Anatomy, Statistics, etc.) My sister has a degree in Psychology and Chemistry and still does not have enough prerequisites to go straight into a PA or NP program.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.