for those that know about birth order-

typically how compatible are an oldest child and a youngest child in marriage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well, if you consider the traits often displayed in an oldest child (responsibility, "caretaker", less likely to be immature, etc), and the traits often displayed by the "baby" of the family (carefree, dependant, immature), then it could honestly go either way. I mean, some responsible people want to have a "project" - as in, someone to care for - but some don't take irresponsibility lightly and dislike it immensly. Some carefree people want the same in a mate - a wild soul that will fly by the seat of their pants right along side them, but others want (need) someone to help them stay at least halfway grounded in reality. So, really, it could go either way, depending on the particular people involved, and their personalities, values, and interests.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 3:08 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Why? Are you trying to "hook up" your kids? Sorry, just 'compatable' sounds weird in that context. But hubby is the oldest and I am the baby and we do well together. I think it's more about maturity. Just becuase someone is the baby, doesn't mean they will always be immature. And just becuase someone was born first doesn't mean they will always be the leader.
    Anonymous

• well thats my husband and I,and we get along great!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 5:52 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I'm the oldest (of 2) and my husband is the youngest (of 3) and we get along okay but he drives me nuts because he expects me to do everything for him. That mostly comes from the fact that his mother actually babied him for 23 years (doing his laundry for him, cooking for him, cleaning up after him even though she had a full time job). Then he moved in with me and at first it was kind of fun to play the housewife so I did all the cooking, cleaning and laundry (with a little help from him). We've been together for 10 1/2 years and married for almost 10 (our wedding anniversary is on Thursday) and he acts like he is 12. I guess I hoped he would mature at some point. But, I guess, we've found a middle ground after all these years.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:35 PM on Jan. 4, 2010