How old was your child when you started potty-training them?

ElMysMama

Asked by ElMysMama at 2:59 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• A year old.

Answer by louise2 at 3:00 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• when they show certain signs. my litle one started at 18 months( 1 yr and half) she is doing pretty good, it is a very slow process,i just ask her do u got to go potty and she goes to the toilet and sits on it,sometimes she goes some times she doesnt. if they dont seem interested in it dont force it.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 3:03 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• 3
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:03 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Started at 14 months, but it took 4 months to get it down, she is 18 months and totally day time trained.
    Anonymous

• We bought a potty when she was a year and 1/2. She peed in it once then never wanted to try again. She's now 2 1/2 and has just learned how to completely control her bladder during the day. She just walked up to me one day a couple of weeks ago and said, "Momma, I go poop in the potty!" So I ran her to the potty and she peed! We've been talking to her about how its the cool 'big girl' thing to use the potty for a few months, so I guess she finally decided that it was her time ;-)
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2010