Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How likely is it that a judge will...

appoint a person from the court to supervise visitations with a child?

the judge is agreeing to supervised visitations, and so is my ex but my ex wants someone appointed by the court to do it and not anyone from my family or his. I volunteered to do it myself if the judge won't appoint someone because I want to protect my daughter and alleviate the complicated process of finding someone to do it but my ex is set on the idea of getting someone appointed by the court.

what do you think will happen? will the judge have me do it or will he appoint someone?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (4)
  • I cant see the judge letting you do it. It would be cheaper if youcould agree on a family member but if you cant I think the judge will appoint someone.

    Answer by ria7 at 3:18 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

  • In my state you can get someone appointed by the court but you have to pay for it and if I remember correctly it was close to a hundred dollars per visit.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

  • The court normally doesn't let the mom do the supervising. They have supervised visits in a specific location with specialized personnel. He'll have to pay for it.

    Answer by admckenzie at 4:05 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

  • Usually the court will appoint a guardian ad litum. This is a 3rd party that looks out for the interest of the child(ren). That is also usually the person that supervises visits that need supervision. Ask for one..

    Answer by mizkaye at 8:01 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.