Question for army wives:

If your husband gets deployed can you go stay at a different base temporarily (one that's nearby family) ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• No. If you know someone that lives on base you can live with them BUT your not supposed to. You live at the base your husband is assigned to.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 3:16 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• You mean get housing at a different base/post other themn the one your DH is stationed at?

Answer by louise2 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• hmm, cause my sister said she could come stay at the base close by to me when her husband goes to Afghanistan, but they buy a house off the base in the area he's stationed in.  So she would be just leaving their OWN home and coming to a base home at my base.

Anonymous

• No she can not get housing at a different base/post. She can rent a place off base/post though.

Answer by louise2 at 3:21 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• . She can live near the base but she cant live on it. You cant switch BAH like that a new location means new money and there is already waiting list for families who are stationed there. I think someone miss in formed her. She can live near that base but not on it.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 3:23 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• wow, hmm, that's too bad cause she spoke to some army people about this recently. I guess I'll have to tell her.
    Anonymous