I need to advertise my cat for sale where can I do this?

I know i sound bad getting rid of my cat, but we have three dogs and are expecting baby #2 in Aug, I know for a fact this poor kitty will not like another baby so i want to find her a smaller home. anyway i was looking at craigs list but they dont have anywhere to put her on there we have made a ad for our newspaper but where else can we put her?

Quintensmom

Asked by Quintensmom at 3:19 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Pets

• On craigslist under community there is a pets section. Just be careful with your wording. Don't put the word "sale" in your ad. You will be torn apart for that. Just put "rehoming fee".
    You can also advertise on Backpage.com
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 3:21 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• craigslist has a pets section that you can list it in.
    Anonymous

• www.craigslist.org
    put signs up in local pet shops

Answer by rkoloms at 3:27 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• kijijji.com best place to sale your cat.
    Anonymous

• I dont understand why you want to make money off of your cat that you are discarding due to too many other people/pets in the house.
    Anonymous

• You might just want to try adopting your cat out and maybe selling all the supplies (toys, bowls, grooming supplies, crate, etc.) either together or separately. That you can do on Craigslist, in the Community/Pets section or for just the supplies in the For Sale/General section.
    c_corry

Answer by c_corry at 10:27 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Lots of craigslists won't allow you to sell your animal.

Thank you for trying to find her a home instead of dumping her outside or on the side of the road.

Try kijiji. If you want to, you can advertise a rehoming fee and have that fee go to a shelter or pound. They certainly do need the donations and it will help the dogs and cats there find homes as well.

Good Luck
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 10:04 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Your local vet's office, pet shops, Pet Smart, Petco, etc.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 1:10 PM on Jan. 5, 2010