what is your laundry schedule like?

do you live in a house or apartment? how many kids?

Lavander

Asked by Lavander at 3:23 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• House w. wash and dry, one child (two if you count my SO). :-) I usually do one load a day. Weekends when I dont work I tend to do 2-5 depending on the week and that is when I do all of the bedding, etc.
    Anonymous

• 5 people in the house, run at LEAST 1 load per day... then linens on thursday/friday.

did i mention that i hate laundry because it is the one thing you can NEVER be finish with? as soon as you're "done" there is more!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:25 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• HA never ever ending. With 5 kids, it is an ongoing chore.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:29 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• House, kids are grown so it is just me and my DH. I wash when I need to. I can go 2 weeks with out needing to wash. Towels get done when I run out of clean towels or 2 weeks have gone by, which ever one comes first. Sheets get washed weekly.

Answer by louise2 at 3:36 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• we have an apartment. we live right next to the apartment's laundry room. we do the laundry once a week. i have my so watch our son while i do the laundry. we only have one child.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• me, husband, and 1 child. it seems never ending especially if i go a day or 2 without doing it so i try to keep it going atleast a load a day
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• we live in a house
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:44 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• We live in a house with 2 adults (3 counting my dad but he does his own laundry) and 4 kids. Actually my 3 older kids (9, 8 and 7) do their own laundry; the two oldest without any help and the 7yo gets help turning on the machines and putting the soap in but does everything else herself.
    I do me, my husband's (if he puts it in the basket or takes it downstairs) and the 3yo's clothes when I feel like it or the baskets are full or if we run out of clean clothes, lol. I refuse to do my husband's clothes if he doesn't put them in the basket. I will not go around the house picking up his dirty clothes for him. I'm not his maid and he's a grown man.
    So, for the most part, I do laundry every other week (me and my 3yo's). the older kids do their laundry on the weekends and I do towels when we run out (once a month usually) and bedding when we need it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:17 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• We live in a house and have one very messy toddler. I do the baby's laundry on the weekend because I work. My husband and I take turns doing our laundry on either Tuesday or Wednesday night.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 4:34 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I live in a house, have 4 kids and do at least one load/day. Then my kids each do one load/week (one on Tues, one on Wed, and one on Thurs), but it takes that much when you think about towels, sheets, and I have to wash jeans almost every day because mine, plus my kids (12, 9, and 8) and husbands, and their dark pajamas fill up the washer!

Answer by missanc at 4:41 PM on Jan. 4, 2010