Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When to call

OK I'm looking for a new place to live and there is an ad in my local paper for 2 3 bedroom homes one is 450 the other 350 but I can't move until the 1st of Feb should I call now or just see if there still available in a few weeks?

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Home & Garden

Answers (3)
  • You should call now and see if you can put a deposit down on it.
    louise2

    Answer by louise2 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

  • I would call now so they don't rent it. You can always talk to the landlord about holding it for a few weeks until you are ready to move. Most are willing to work with people.
    fallnangel93

    Answer by fallnangel93 at 3:27 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

  • I would call to and request a viewing of the homes. Then if you decide you want to live in one I would discuss it with the owner and see if you could put down a security deposit or some type of "in good faith deposit" so they will reserve it for you. They may want to run a back ground check and things like that anyhow before you move it so I say go for it!
    Best wishes.
    aimhighschool

    Answer by aimhighschool at 10:15 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.