why do you think she didn't tell me?

during my pregnancy my sister resented me and was hateful to me because i was pregnant and she wasn't. she has trouble getting pregnant. she is almost 21 and i told her that she still has a long while to get pregnant. today i get on my facebook to see my stepmom's status saying my sis is pregnant. she didn't even tell me. it hurt my feelings because she told everyone else except me. i was really hurt and depressed during my pregnancy when she was hateful. im really happy for her. i won't treat her the way she treated me during pregnancy. so i don't know why she wouldn't tell me. it might seem petty but we used to be really close til i got pregnant . now she barely talks to her nephew. i just want some opinions on why she wouldn't tell me she is pregnant. even though she knows i would be happy for her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Man you girls sound like me and my cousin she has always felt like this towards me too, now we don't talk bc of her being this way...I gather my cousin was just jealous of me in her own way so I know she is your sister and I think she is just jealous of you and as far as telling everyone but you she was probably wanting you to find out the way you did with out her telling you maybe she wanted you to get that feeling she got when she found out about you...I know childish but some woman never grow up...my thoughts. GL Don't even sweat it. Just live your life if she wants to be that way oh well (Se la vie)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:36 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Just congratulate her and letting her know how happy you are for her. Leave it at that. Don't worry about how you found out or things can eat you alive. Let her be the one that wants to be petty. Be the bigger sister.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:11 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I would def. ask her why she didnt tell you? let her know how happy you are for her and would have loved to hear it from her, not a facebook status. My sister and I are VERY close (in face we are BOTH pregnant right now!) and I was the FIRST person she told.. I couldn't imagine not having my sister in my life. I really cant think of a logical reason she wouldn't have told you!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 4, 2010