OBITUARY : Born 1776, Died 2008

Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul , Minnesota , points out some interesting facts concerning last November's Presidential election:

Number of States won by: Obama: 19 McCain: 29
Square miles of land won by: Obama: 580,000 McCain: 2,427,000
Population of counties won by: Obama: 127 million

McCain: 143 million

Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by:

Obama: 13.2 McCain: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory McCain won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the country.

Obama territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in low income tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..."

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 3:34 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Answered at 5:10 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 by: marie0430815
    how is obama the worst president. he wasn't the president when america went to hell bush was. so get it right. he has to come in and clean up bush's mess. nobody can clean up that much damge in a year. give it a rest. the presidential race is over and done with. give it a rest and have faith in your country.

What YOU PEOPLE are not understanding is that President Bush was cleaning up clinton's MESS! HE is the one who put this country in the crapper & Bush happened to get hit with one of the worse terrorism acts our great nation has ever faced that impacted every aspect of our economy. Get it right! I have faith in our country, just not in the current president or his cabinet. Have you EVER seen a president or his wife SO obsessed with the media? Doing reality tv now... Kind of mixed up priorities if you ask ANYONE!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 9:12 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegals and they vote, then we can say goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:34 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I would like to her what the American Indians have to say on the matter. Oh...wait....the immigrants from Europe wiped them out.
    Anonymous

• Does he actually back up any of this information with links to the sources he used to come to these conclusions? The murder rate figure really sticks out to me, because more liberal states that actually get rid of the death penalty have lower murder rates than states that have the death penalty, and those states are typically Conservative. Also his figure that "40% of the nation's population already having reached the governmental dependency phase" makes me question not only his logic but his numbers and his sources.
    mommy_lisa25

Answer by mommy_lisa25 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• do not disturbWhat are you saying "Obama" is not a good president...It is what it is...sorry but I get you.

Anonymous

• My mom sent this to me, and I agree with everything he said. This country is headed for a downfall. You can bash me all you want, but Obama is an idiot. He shouldn't be President. I hope he gets voted out at the next election. Fire away.
    cookiedough100

Answer by cookiedough100 at 3:46 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• This country is headed for a downfall. You can bash me all you want, but Obama is an idiot. He shouldn't be President. I hope he gets voted out at the next election. Fire away.

Do you really think that this nations problems are caused by Obama? You really think he's an idiot? Wow, I can understand not liking him and disagreeing with him. But that doesn't make him an idiot and it doesn't make him responsible for all the problems this nation is facing.
    mommy_lisa25

Answer by mommy_lisa25 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• just glad you didn't run...if obama won and so many people hate him i bet you would've won if he didn't.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 3:49 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• no it makes him the leader of idiots
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:51 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• badto this endless barrage of SSDD from the typical posters in this section

Anonymous