Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

My husband needs to have a procedure that has a high chance of leaving him sterile. He has 3 children, we have 1 together but he wants at least one more - I am open to having another but would be ok if not. My question is, do we try now before the procedure although our finances could be stronger or risk the wait. Just curious what the consensuses is.

 
1st_LadyD

Asked by 1st_LadyD at 3:56 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 2 (10 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • you could also check into having his semen preserved. I'm pretty sure they do that for guys as well.

    Its an option possibly, then you can wait and try to have a baby when you are ready, financially i mean.

    But im guessing the proceedure to preserve it is expensive as well, but probably worth checking into.
    tntmom1027

    Answer by tntmom1027 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

  • I would try know! :) never hurts to try
    randilinn

    Answer by randilinn at 4:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

  • Have his semen preserved. Then you wouldn't have to risk it.
    JazzlikeMraz

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:32 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

  • Thanks ladies, I appreciate the input
    1st_LadyD

    Answer by 1st_LadyD at 5:14 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN