2005 Ford Taurus, opinions please!

I am looking into another car since mine is old and breaking down. I saw one that I really liked. It's a 2005 Ford Taurus. It drives well, great body shape, and has had it tuned up just recently. The man who is selling it wants $4500 for it and he'll write down the receipt so my taxes won't so high so in the end I'll save about $300. My SO on the other hand HATES Fords. He yelled at me when I mentioned possibly getting this car. He told me either get a Honda or a Toyota but they are waaaay out of my budget. I'm the one who saved up for a car. All of it is MY money. He hasn't invested a dime. Anyway, do you have a 2001-2006 Taurus? Are they any good? Opinions are much needed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You should really find out the Blue book value on the car before buying a used car.

Answer by louise2 at 4:16 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• We bought a 2003 Ford Taurus and had it till 2006. The only reason we don't have it is cause through not fault of ours it was totaled in an accident. It worked better than Buick we had and better than a Subaru we had too.

And both of those cars we got from relatives second hand and they turned bad basically as soon as we got them for some reason - we get up on maintenance but both the Buick and Subaru always had to be in the shop!!!

I'd get a Ford dealer or at least a trusted garage give a used car a real good looksee for sure. Make sure you know in your state what your lemonlaws are on used cars bought privately. Can you buy a used car from a dealer, sometimes they come with somekind of warranty. I'd call your county plus your state's Consumer Affairs Departments.

Good luck!!!
    Anonymous

• i bought an 04 ford taurus and it lasted 2 years...it leaked oil like crazy and the transmission had to be replaced..not worth it!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• now i have a 02 malibu that has 200,000 miles that has never given me a problem and ive had it over 2 yrs
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• i had a ford focus 2006 zx4. it ran fine but it has no value, no ford does. so it was hard for us to trade it in. Finely on dec 21st we went to the Subaru Dealership and traded in for a 2006 Subaru Tribeca B9 Sports edition. the last owner took very good care of it. it looks very brand new. we never ever owned a subaru but it is the best car out there. it came with alot of stuff like 6 cd changer, heated seats, seats go up and down for a driver etc. But we have 2 kids and one more on the way. it is enough room for 2 adults and 3 kids. it is a SUV. but we love it!
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 5:07 PM on Jan. 4, 2010