Seriously, why are so many moms against having scheduled c-sections? I don't get it... It's just another alternative to vaginal for the moms who can't deliver naturally

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 4:23 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Because some mom's feel that the decision isn't what is best for mom and baby, and suspect that it is what is convenient for doctor and for the doctor to avoid lawsuits.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 4:26 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Because it poses unnecessary risks for mom and baby. Anytime you have surgery you risk complications including death.
    BTW, I have no problem with scheduled csection for real MEDICAL REASONS.
    Anonymous

• the % of women who CAN NOT (are physically incapable, not just inconvenienced) deliver vag, + TRUE emergencies (not lazy docs afraid of a lawsuit) do not = the % of CC every year... and a very high % of women who do NOT want major abdominal surgery are falling into the melee of dr's obsessed with procedure & women who are ignorant to the truth.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:27 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Because it is these mothers that really don't need it. There is really only a very small % that really need it. So many Dr are using it because they want to be someone or not be delivering at certain times.
    Anonymous

• My second pregnancy I had a scheduled one, due to medical concern, of placenta rupture, had that challenge with first pregnancy. For women to do so out of convience and not medical issues, that is something they have to consider. If I could of delivered the normal way, I would of.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 4:33 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Even if a woman decides to have a C-section just for her own reasons its nobody's business but hers. I'm sure woman who decide this know the risks of surgery. People spend a lot of time over thinking someone else's body.

Anonymous

• i had a c-section wasn't really scheduled. They had to try and induce me 3 weeks early because of a low ambiotic fluid. After a day of trying i decided to go with the c-section option, which saved my son's life.

most ppl's problem is with those c-secitons that are not medically necessary. I was expecting and preparing for a vag delivery, but instead had to have a major operation that risked my life and my child's and left me with nerve damage around the incision area.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 4:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• such a controversial topic. my issue with c-sections is that there are very very few women who can't delivery vaginally but may women have c-sections. c-sections are worse for mom and baby. i really doubt that women who want a c-section really realize how much it increases risks of many things including death. how could anyone accept such risks?
    Anonymous

• but *many* have c-section i meant. maybe 5-10% of c-sections are necessary but like 35% of births are c-sections. big difference!
    Anonymous

• The key word you said is "can't" -- So if they *can not* birth vaginally there is no choice.
    But it is more than just an alternative. Since a surgical birth is usually riskier than a natural one, it is a bigger deal. Choosing an elective cesarean puts mom & baby into a different category of risks. (If mom is already weighing risk factors of a rare complication then this is an alternative, of course.)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:45 PM on Jan. 4, 2010