Is it o.k. to re-use a teabag?

I have enver done it before but I want to start drinking red rasberry leaf tea in oder to help with this pregnancy but they reccomend drinking 3 cups of the stuff a day, and it's $5 for 16 tea bags!

What do you think? Re-use or fresh baggie each time? Any reason NOT to re-use??

ethans_momma06

Asked by ethans_momma06 at 4:28 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• if your reusing in a day then i would say of course. The only time i get iffy about it is if it sits around for longer then a day.

They can be used quite a few times, definately 3 times.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I always reuse my teabags. I don't know why but my mom always did and nothing bad has happened to us. But usually we are reusing it within a half hour.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I also reuse my tea bags. I say re use it if its the same day you used them. Throw it out as soon as after 3 times. it doesnt have the same effect or taste.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 4:37 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Yup i always reuse mine!! I use them about 3 times each.. then they start losing flavor!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Ive tried this and it just doesnt taste very good....blah. See if you can find a store that sells a generic brand, thats what I do. Ya know, have you tried getting a coupon from the tea's website? Worth a try!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:28 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I reused my tea bags especially the red raspberry leaf ones because they are expensive. If you are wanting to use it to help induce labor it doesn't work, but it does taste good.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:53 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• yeah, but it will just be really diluted.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:53 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I reuse mine. I also got red raspberry tea to help with my pregnancy- but right on the bag it said, "don't drink if you're pregnant. May cause pre-term labor." It was my first pregnancy and I choose not to mess with that stuff just in case. Looking back I think I was just over reacting...

Anyway if you choose to use it I have a massive bag that I can send you :)
    Anonymous