Help my potty trained 4yr.old DD is peeing everywhere!!

A couple of weeks ago my 4yr.old DD started peeing her pants, she was totally potty trained and was without accidents, I took her to the Docs and she has been on antibiotics for the past week ( today is the last day ) for a uti but she is still peeing her pants everywhere, on my couch, the beds, kitchen chairs even her big sisters pillow, I am frustrated and dont want my furniture ruined or my house smelling like a toilet, I told her if she pees her pants again I am putting her in a diaper, she didnt like that. She said shes a big girl. I think it might work. My DH wants to take away all her dolls and every day she doesent pee her pants she gets a doll back, Im not sure she knows beforehand that shes gonna pee...please help...any ideas? suggestions???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• She could be peeing her pants because it stings when she pees. It could be from the infection. Don't punish her, find out WHY she is having accidents. It happens.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• If she's still peeing everywhere then I would be very concerned that she still has the uti. I would imagine that she just can't help peeing because a uti makes you pee constantly, so threatening her isn't going to solve the problem. Getting to the root of the problem is your only solution. I would make another appt. to see the doctor and tell the doctort that she is still peeing everywhere. The doctor can test to see if she still has the uti or a bladder infection.
    Anonymous

• OH GOSH DON"T PUNISH HER!!! My daughter has repeatedly gotten yeast infections and when she gets one she usually has accidents. It's not anything she can help right now. The only thing I can suggest is to take her to the bathroom about every 30 min or so and tell her that while her "ta-ta" (or what ever she calls it) is sick she needs to go to the bathroom more and at least try to potty. Especially remind/take her when she is playing and before she naps or goes to bed. After the UTI has completely cleared she SHOULD regain control. Please, don't punish her for this, we as women know what a UTI is like but she has no idea. So we have to help her out. I hope this helps. Good luck.
    spcjones_83

Answer by spcjones_83 at 11:23 PM on Jan. 4, 2010