What color are your eyes? If you use mascara or liner, shadow what do you use as makeup to make them the most beautiful?

Do certain colors as tops make them stand out even more? My eyes are brown, they've lightened I can tell looking at my pictures over time to now. When I wear gold eyeshadow they really look very golden brown. They're dark around the irises and the irises are what's lighter brown. What are your eyemakeup tips that really bring out your eyes?

lfl

Asked by lfl at 4:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I have green eyes. I wear black mascara,black eyeline, and the shadow is usually brown or black. Dark colors work best for me.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 4:40 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I saw a trick on youtube on makeup tips(i was bored) and this one chick had a trick where she used black eyeliner and covered the whole base of her eyelid with it, then went over it with a yellow duo-toned eyeshadow, and it came out a pretty green color and shiney...then she took the black eyeliner under her lower lashes and swished the yellow over it to give her eyes a "smokey" look. I tried it, took me a while to get it just right, but if you play around with the colors mint/light greens or yellows maybe you'll find something that suits your eyecolor. I have hazel eyes not brown though.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 4:55 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• My eyes are brown. When I use a deep purple (it doesn't even look purple unless you're close) eyeliner, my eyes really stand out. I use neutral shades of brown eyeshadow, and black mascara.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• purple eyeliner!!!! woW where do you find that?
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:10 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• The best way to enhance eye color is to use colors on the opposite end of the color wheel from your eye color. My eyes are blue-grey. If I use browns, bronzes, and golds my eyes look really blue. Or I can play up the grey by wearing grey, silver, and blue-ish eye shadows. I love brown eyes though. I think they are the only color eyes that can pull off any and every eyeshadow color there is beautifully.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 5, 2010