Atheists can be as moral and caring as you.....Buuuuuut

they aren't "saved"? So what does this mean? We are discounted as good people to christians? For the SIMPLE fact that we do not believe in needing a "god" to save us from being our human selves?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 4:45 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have never heard anyone say anything like that.
    Why stretch? Geeze
    Anonymous

• Well someone said it in a question below...which is why I am asking.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I read it too... *shakes head*

the christians say that we have nothing to fear from them, or from their bullying children- if all of the Atheists kids would gather in a circle and chant "there is no god", while throwing their singled out, persecuted christian child around like a rag doll around the circle. well, they might see it different. but when a group of "saved" children do it, it is called "witnessing" not battery.

the simple fact is that most Atheist families have a stronger sense of "morals" because of the daily barrage of insults, hateful deeds, and forceful "witnessing" that we endure.

as I see it, we ARE the ones who are "saved".
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:51 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• christians are scared. you already knew that
    Anonymous

• I was saved when I was a believer. **shrug** The experience confirmed to me that I was a true follower of Christ, but it did not change me into a better person.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 5:02 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• i also was saved when i was a child when i went to church. I am not a "true follower" now either but i once heard that once you ask jesus into your heart that you are "saved" so i dont really get this does this mean that people like me that have doubt and have been saved and go on having doubt and still be saved?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:09 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• the simple fact is that most Atheist families have a stronger sense of "morals" because of the daily barrage of insults, hateful deeds, and forceful "witnessing" that we endure.
    --------------------------
    I would say that this is not true when words such as "most" and "daily" are used. Maybe you experienced this, but not all on either sides all of the time. More generalizations, just another day at CM.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 5:12 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• they aren't "saved"? So what does this mean? It means atheist have not found the love of Jesus or accepted him as their savior. We are discounted as good people to christians? For the SIMPLE fact that we do not believe in needing a "god" to save us from being our human selves? I read a response that said Christians sometimes have higher morals but I have not read a post or response that said you are discounted as good people. The simple answer to your question about being discounted as good people "NO"

Anonymous

• jewjewbee- when you live in a small town nc/sc it is ABSOLUTELY true. it is a daily occurrence that children of non christian beliefs (including catholic and JW) are persecuted for their families chosen belief system, and it is accepted by the local powers that be, because its just how things are done.

I see FAR, FAR, FAR less hostility from the muslim, buddhist, atheist, jewish, and even non popular "christian" sects, than from "Born again Christians"... far less hatred, far less ice pick in the back attitude toward society in general.
    the majority of Non Believers who live down here and are not in a metropolitan area do endure it, and are much kinder, gentler, honest individuals who's children are respectful enough NOT to discuss religion. in fact, that is one of the main functions of a childrens humanist meeting- learning how to AVOID sharing your beliefs, and learning to be respectful of others who do not share yours.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:19 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• i've lived in small towns for the last 11 years. MS, AL, GA and part of VA. can't say i have ever seen this. not once. from either side.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 5:22 PM on Jan. 4, 2010