any one have any ideas on what i should do or what can be done about this?

My daughter has a lump on the left side of her head above her ear that continues to grow. ive been told its a bruise but there is no reason for her to have a bruise, it started thursday the 31st, was the size of a quarter and its now the 4th and its nearly the size of a baseball. I'm so scared and nervous about it and it doesnt seem like the doctors want to test to get information about it and make sure it nothing more serious. also the lump has no discoloring to it to make me believe that it is infact a bruise.. PLEASE HELP ME

yngmumof2

Asked by yngmumof2 at 4:51 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would take to another doc or to the emergency room of a hospital with a nicu or pediatrics unit.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 4:52 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• get a second opinion somehwere else. Always trust your instincts mama! Better safe than sorry.
    Anonymous

• Take her somewhere else, try the ER at least they can x-ray it or call in someone else, if its growing that fast and has no discoloration I would think your doctor would be concerned
    Anonymous

• Agree - second opinion! I would not take that lightly for sure!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 5:27 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Take her to the ER. It seems to be that something on the face or head needs to take seriously. She needs to be checked and if your doc won't do it then find someone that will. You know your child better than anyone and don't let them tell you different.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• That would freak me out. Take her to urgent care if nothing else.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 7:29 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• She didn't fall or get hit or anything? Even seemingly lightly? If it keeps growing I'd take her to another dr., or even ER. Is she in pain???
    campeno

Answer by campeno at 11:20 PM on Jan. 4, 2010