What kind of food schedule is your 8 month old on?

I'm just curious. I breastfeed but have begun offering my dd some pureed veggies/fruits and was wondering how much other moms feed their children around this age - 3 times a day?

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When my son was 8 months he went to table food - whatever we were having, diced or mashed, for all 3 meals (except breakfast he had oatmeal and some type of fruit), plus breastmilk and then for snacks just breastmilk. So he was eating 3 "meals" and nursing 6 times/day (3 of those with the meal)

Answer by missanc at 5:01 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• My LO was eating 4 oz a feeding plus 6 oz of formula (stopped BF at 7 mos) at each meal. That was a lot of food for her at that age. She still eats about the same amount and is 18 mos old. I feed based on her appetite.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:37 PM on Jan. 4, 2010