do you ever think you look really great but then when you go to take a picture, you seem to take a million pictures and cant get the "great one" you wanted?

it seems like there's two different sides of me...like one that looks great in the mirror then there's the one that looks like i turned into a monster when i take a picture of myself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• thats with me too. i get all fixed and think damn i look good but the pic i take i look horrible dunno i think my mirror likes to play tricks on me lol
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Oh Only Every Time I Step In Front Of The Camera. ;)
    Anonymous

• Whenever I feel uncomfortable or second guess my pose or look the picture shows it. Whenever I am really confident in my pictures, even if a hair is out of place the picture still comes out great. Kids are photogenic and they don't care how they look, they just cheese. Someone told me once that I was pretty but wasn't photogenic and I put a lot of thought into that until I realized I was subconscious when I took pictures. So now I just strut it all and smile.
    1st_LadyD

Answer by 1st_LadyD at 5:18 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I know exactly what you mean. Yesterday dh was taking pictures of my and ds and I thought I looked like crap but the pictures turned out awesome. But be damned if I can take a decent picture on a day when I think I look good.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 5:19 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• YES! I have posted the same question before! lol I look fat in the pics but I dont feel that fat in real life. The camera hates me. I lstill love ALL of me.......<3.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:19 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I never take a good picture. Well maybe once or twice in high school which was many, many moons ago.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:23 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• LOL... I feel that way all the time.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 5:33 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Every picture I've ever taken I felt that way. Until I'm in pictures with my kids. When I'm taking pictures with them, I relax and don't give myself a thought. I realized that when we did Christmas pictures. The vast majority I thought were really good.

I think you just need to let go of all the self consciousness and relax. The best pictures come that way.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• If you take a million picks in the same lighting your won't see much of a difference. Stand next to a sunny window, with your profile to the window...so your standing sideways to the window. Take a few pics. Its better to use actual light over a flash. If its too much light try an airy white shade over the window to diffuse some.
    Anonymous

• I'm worse because I look at pic's of goregous models and think "oh, maybe I look a little like her" and then when I see pic's of myself, the harsh reality of what I really look like can't be avoided.
    ddbz

Answer by ddbz at 5:39 PM on Jan. 4, 2010