Anything special for a 2 year old birthday?

I want to know if anyone does anything special, or did do anything special for their child's 2nd birthday. My son's is coming up in a few days...

DDTSMommy

Asked by DDTSMommy at 5:21 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We got him one big present, got him his favorite food for dinner, and a giant personal cupcake and just let him play and have a ball all day. We were gonna throw a party in the park or go to a toddler play room but figured we would wait another year until he could really enjoy it. I hope it was special for him.
    1st_LadyD

Answer by 1st_LadyD at 5:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• My third child is turning two on the 18th. We usually have a party with family, but since we just had Christmas and he has way too many toys as it is, we are just planning to have cake and one small present. And really that is only because the older two want to have a party.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:19 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• We did a small party at home with cousins and friends. He still had to be prodded into opening gifts and he had an individual cake for himself and a big one for the rest of us. They still get very overwhelmed with too much excitement at that age. Plus the "nap factor", LOL! He was really too young to appreciate anything "circus-like" yet. Hope you have fun and get lots of "cake-face" pics!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 6:21 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• On her actual birthday she got a tricycle, ate cake for breakfast, and we took her and her cousin to chuck e cheese. The weekend before we had a small party at my mom's house with family and a few friends.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 8:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• At 2 we always get them a tricycle...we have 3 and thats what they all get at 2. In a few months the youngest will turn 2. We always do a party with family and friends.
    Anonymous