My mom made red beans and rice and cornbread for dinner...what are you having?

benjamink

Asked by benjamink at 5:47 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think I will make a breakfast dinner...eggs, grits, bagels, orange slices, veggie sausages and juice. My daughters absolutely love this for dinner. We normally don't have time for a big breakfast like that in the mornings, so it's fun to do in the evening.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:50 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I was gonna make red beans and rice tonight. I didn't soak any beans, but I can still quick-boil em.
    If I decide not to do that, lemon, pepper and thyme chicken with asparagus and pilaf.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 5:51 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• let the menu slip this week...lol all that darn turkey threw everything off.

red beans...interesting.

probably scalloped potatoes and ham for us.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:51 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• im going to make turkey chili. which i should probably get started on lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 5:55 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Chili has been simmering for the last two hours. Baked potatoes in the oven now. Green beens on the side. My grandson will eat only the potato and beans, g-daughter will eat the chili..no potato and beans and the rest will eat the baked poato sliced open with chili over top beans on the side.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:55 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• shake n bake chicken and left over veggie stir fry from lunch(steamed mixed stir fry veggies and white rice with classic stir fry sauce)...not the best combo but hey it works
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 5:57 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Tofu fish sticks, baked sweet potao fries, zucchini patties

Answer by rkoloms at 5:58 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Black bean quesadillas with corn salsa.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:58 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Salisbury steak and potatoes with some kind of veggie.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• We have a pot roast in the oven & hubby is peeling potatoes now! Yum! If we can't live in the south right now, at least we'll eat like we do!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 6:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2010