Would you or did you have your son circumsized?

I was just curious as to how many women/couples decided to have their boys circumsized. This is one thing that my husband and I are still debating about in case we have a boy the next time around.
If you could leave your reasoning too, that would be very much appriciated. Thank you so much ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Watch a video of a routine infant circumcision before you make the decision. Remember this is ELECTIVE surgery.

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/163488/562046

Anonymous

• I did circumsize them both, mainly b/c their father (correction: sperm donor) said it was a good idea. I've heard people say that you shouldn't, so I think really that the two of you need to decide what's best for your family. If I had to go back and do it again, I can't honestly say which way I would go. I would do some research, though, instead of just taking my ex's word for it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:53 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• If i have a boy i will circumsice him... Its something my husband and I have talked about and both agree on. I have been with exes in the past who were not and said they really wish they had been but are now to old and scared to do it lol.. my husband is, and says he is def. glad he was.. so its a def. yes for us!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 5:53 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I was young when I had my first son and knew nothing of circumcision, so I left it up to my husband. He chose to have him circ'd. Since then we have had two more boys and we got them circ'd also. If it was up to me I would not have had the younger boys circ'd, but their father wanted them to be the same as him.
    Anonymous

• No way. There is no point and its not my body so not my choice. If my son wants the chop he can decide for himself when he is older...although I doubt it will ever come up because its ridiculous.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:56 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I've had 3 boys and I had them all circ'ed. I'm pregnant with my 5th and if he's a boy, he will be as well. I wanted my boys to look like their dad's and like the other boys in the locker room when they get to that age. I think there will be some uncirc'ed boys around then (although my 12 year old says they are all circ'ed), but around here they would still be in the minority.

Answer by missanc at 5:56 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• hell yes both of them .. I would not leave hosptial till it was done ! NASTEY not to have it done
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 5:59 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• "hell yes both of them .. I would not leave hosptial till it was done ! NASTEY not to have it done "

This statement makes you seem uneducated and ignorant. I am sure there is a more effective way to get your point across.
    Anonymous

• Yes, both of our boys were done. I wanted it done, but my husband was even more adamant that they be circumcised. He never considered not doing it.
    Anonymous

• yes..there is no discussion to have about it...its just something that needs to be done..the docs werent able to do my sons after he was born and i had to wait until he was 9 months old and i took him for surgery then
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 4, 2010