how much do you expect to get back from income tax?

we got that H&R block loan and the lady guessed we will get over 10k back thats from one job...they used his last pay stub and made estimate and that doesnt include the other 2 jobs or deductions..she said it may be up to 12k.. im thinking that cant be right...im a S@HM and we have 3 minor kids. previous years we only got back 5k... but the other job my hubby was at he was in a higher tax bracket, not sure if that makes any difference.
it would be nice if we get 10k back we could get a lot done but im not gonna hold my breath. so what are you estimates for this year?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• 15k?! I wasnt even aware that was possible. Last year I about fainted when we got 10k back because never in our 6 years of marriage have we seen money like that. We used H&R block the previous years and last year was the first time dh used turbotax. So he wondered if hr was screwing us lol. Anyway we hope to get that back this year cause our car is officially a goner
    jenniamigo

Answer by jenniamigo at 8:16 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• what does your dh do? mine is in construction and is billed/taxed as an independant contractor.

we get at LEAST 15K back every year on the taxes, more this year as it was a better year for him.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:56 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I really have no idea how much we are getting. every year we do get around the same amount. My husband was Deployed April 2008-July 2009. When we file our taxes (jan 2009) i got back $5,000 something. i did it with H&R too but they took away around 200 something for fees so now we are not doing that anymore and going to the army base this jan. I dont know if he is gonna get more or not but yea around $5,000 is what i always expect and it is usually gone soon because we have credit cards to pay off
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 5:56 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• oh and I'm a SAHM of 3 with no real income (just the kids tax credits etc...). my WAHM I don't make enough to have to pay taxes (yay for that)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:57 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• op here
    my hubby works at a state hospital as a direct care worker..pretty much the same thing as a cna/med aide just more pay lol b4 he was a supervisor at a meat plant and made twice as much as he does now, even though it didnt seem like it, he gets more take home pay now than the previous job cause they took so much for taxes and we never seen any of that back we just got the kid deductions and my un earned whatever its called
    Anonymous

• Get back?...LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL..we haven't had a tax refund in 8 years. No kids to claim, we've just worked hard for 30 yrs for the priviledge of being taxed into the ground. Last year we had to pay an additional 3k. Hub claims Married and zero plus 200 extra each cheack held out and we STILL have to pay.I had to quit work when I was diagnosed with cancer and haven't worked in 3 years now.
    Anonymous

• I should get at least grand back but most of that is EIC.
    Anonymous

• LOL! I haven't seen money back in about six years. I am looking at paying in about 5 grand Sweetie Pie!
    Anonymous

• i actually dont mind the fees at H&r block, we get our money back faster and its guaranteed to be done right and where im at the people who prepare for H&r block are most of the time older people so i like that they can get some extra income during tax season. there isnt much for jobs here esp for people over 50
    Anonymous

• with 2 kids about 6 grand
    Anonymous