what are good rewards for not cheating?

I am on day six of my diet, well not diet, but lifestyle change. I was thinking it would be good if I rewarded myself every 20 days that I don't cheat. What would be some good rewards? Of course I'm craving a big piece of cheesecake, but that doesn't seem like the kind of reward I should give myself! lol

Mama2JoshKatie

Asked by Mama2JoshKatie at 6:05 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• A movie, a new book, a new CD. New workout clothes. And it is OK to have a little piece of that cheesecake you are craving.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I get a reward for every ten lbs. Anything I want. Purse, shoes, hair cut, pedi, dinner out w the girls...Pushes me to go for it more.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 10:21 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• A hot body is a great reward.

My sister says, "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels and looks."

Sex. Make DH reward you.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:17 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• I would get something for you and something for your work out. I get both that way I get a new article of clothing and a new work out item then it encourages me to work harder.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• Don't have the cheesecake. For every 20 you would be dropping a clothing size, so you could reward yourself with a piece of clothing, hope this doesn't offend you but you could go to a thrift shop and pick up something "new" to you. And it won't cost too much, because at this price you can go every time you need something new since you are going to be dropping sizes. Good luck.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2010

• A small piece of cheesecake or other treat once in a while is not going to hurt you. For me, having a treat every few days helps to keep me on track and keeps me from binging because of a feeling of deprivation. Remember that whatever lifestyle change you're making, it needs to be possible to maintain it for the rest of your life. The key is moderation.

But, I like the idea of buying something new every ten pounds or so (depending on how much weight you have to lose). That can help you stay motivated and help you to keep your long term goal in mind.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 7:25 AM on Jan. 6, 2010