why do people take a simple statement and twist it into something horrible?

its not just on here i also had people flip out about my status on facebook myspace and blogs..they took what i say out of context and made look like i attacked them when clearly its not the case its either i had a different opinion on something or i just had a general subject that was on my mind and wrote about(in blogs)...maybe i should start talking to my cats more at least they dont get snippy and paranoid

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• cause some people are very offensive and read every little detail and blow up the words you had put. they have no humor and dont know how to take a joke even if you did put lol or something like that at the end....(personal experience with SIL).
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Yeah, talk to your cats more. They won't argue with you. :-) *wink*
    Anonymous

• Thats why its such a bad idea to text or email someone anything of importance because people can think you are mad, or angry when you say something that maybe you say joking.. its crazy.. people can read things however they want or feel at that moment and that might not have been at all how you meant it!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I make sure I put lol or jk at the end of every text message I write so they won't think I am being mean or mad at them :o)
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Some times I have a hard time expressing my words on paper as compared to the way I was actually thinking it. So yes people can misconstrue. Been there.

3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:42 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• soemtimes the jk doesnt work. i was talking to a online friend the other night he was upset so i tried to lighten the mood and he flipped and now not talking to me at all. im a playful easygoing person.
    Anonymous

• Some people thrive on chaos. By taking an innocent statment and turning it into something they can get angry about they cause chaos in their ife and yours. Then they are happily angry and chaotic. =p
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 6:53 PM on Jan. 4, 2010