would you rather have a friend who is blunt and tell you like it is, even though its hard to swallow sometimes or

someone who sugar coats everything to spare your feelings?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am pretty blunt and I am not rude. I am honest and happy to be the one who is so. My bff is a sweetie and never can tell any one how she feels. Except me I guess I am lucky that way. Same with my hubby he is sweet and sugar coats everything, except with me. Dang it. Both people can complain about everything to me but be nice to everyone else.
    That is really okay if I have had enough I say stop! Your making me crazy. LOL, but honesty is the best policy then you don't have to remember you lies.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:47 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Blunt

Answer by admckenzie at 6:50 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Somewhere in between. I think those that say mean and hurtful things ALL of the time and defend themselves by saying "I'm just telling the truth" as if they are some saint, are a-holes... the 'hard' truth is necessary sometimes but certainly not all the time.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:53 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Blunt, you can be honest and not hurt someones feeling. Sometimes people need the truth, not something that is sugar coated.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Somewhere in between, but knows when to be blunt and when to sugar coat, and I already have those. I love my friends. I don't know how to be friends when i can't be honest with them.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:14 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Blunt. The truth hurts but a lie hurts worse.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 7:20 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I have 3 friend who are extremely blunt and I love them to death. Im blunt as well which is why we are probably friends. But sometimes the truth hurts. I know my friends will tell the truth and be honest about it. I would rather have that than have someone sugarcoat something trying to spare my feelings. Most of the times when they do that the truth ends up coming out anyway and your feelings are still hurt.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 7:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Somewhere in between would be great but if I was forced to choose I would go with blunt. I would rather someone be honest with me, even if it stings a little. I like to know where I stand, you know?
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 7:45 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Blunt because i am too
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 7:47 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I prefer blunt but not rude.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 9:16 PM on Jan. 4, 2010