Am I just being overly sensitive or would this hurt your feelings too?

My husband and I are just starting to TTC again after having an ectopic in September. I have been trying to track my ovulation with an opk since the 13th of December, but the OPKs never showed that I was ovulating, so after 20 days, I gave up. I had the urge to take a test today, because I am due for AF on the 8th, but the test was negative. So when my hubby came home, I told him that I took a test and it was negative. His response was, "Well, then you suck". He said he was just joking, but I was rather hurt by it. How would you have responded? Would you have been hurt by it, or am I being overly sensitive?

acollins09

Asked by acollins09 at 7:00 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• I would have been hurt. but i tend to be over sensitive as well.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 7:01 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Gosh, I am a very sensitive person, but it would have hurt my feelings too! It would have made me feel like I wanted the baby much more than he did and I would probably cry and all that good stuff. I am the queen of reading too much into things.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 7:02 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I would have been hurt, but i guess it depends on how he said it.. you could have flipped it right around and been like "no, your swimmers suck" see how he likes it! its def. not your fault or his, its not as easy as some people make it look to get pregnant.. BELIEVE ME i know! I would recomend buying the clear blue easy fertility monitor .. it is amazing and will tell you when you Ovulate and have high fertility days!Good luck and maybe tell your husband to knock it off b/c you are having a hard time with this as it is.. men are just not sensitive AT ALL.
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• he was prob joking, i think that it would prob hurt my feelings only b/c of the situation, but I too am uber sensitive lol
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• aww that would of hurt me too... But for now i'd just let it go. of course it's gonna sting but dont read too much into it. My boyfriend has done it to me after our miscarriage in october. he'd ask if im pregnant again yet and im like no..and he'd say something jokin.
    Anonymous

• The ectopic occured for us the first time we TTC, so I know that it can happen for us, but I guess I still haven't gotten over it. It's not something we really talk about anymore, but he was VERY supportive when it happened, and throughout the surgery and recovery. I don't know what got into him!
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 7:07 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I would have been hurt. Then I would have gotten pissed and told him then I do not want to have a baby with you then. Just to hurt him.

Answer by louise2 at 7:08 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I would have been hurt by that remark and I am NOT a sensitive person. That remark is uncalled for after TTC for any length of time. We as women put enough pressure on ourselves, hate to sound like Dr. Phil but he should be your soft place to fall and not giving out quilt trips with comments like that.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:08 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• My SO says stupid stuff like that too. They think they are being funny. Just tell him that you thought that was hurtful and to be more considerate from now on.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:11 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• i wouldve cried
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:12 PM on Jan. 4, 2010