If attending church is not required to be a believer....

why do so many christians force their kids to attend?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 7:01 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• i think its more about showing them the purpose of doing good (funny side note i dont go but my children choose to go)
    Anonymous

• edcation and growth
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:03 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I am a Christian and do not force my son to go to church and I never will.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Some feel you do need to attend church.. I however DONT. I can pray and speak to God from home , work, the car , the bathroom if i want! I speak to God all the time.. I dont need, or want church as part of my life.. Just God works great for me!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 7:05 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• "i think its more about showing them the purpose of doing good"

Forgive my ignorance, but how does attending church illustrate "doing good"?

sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Good question! I hated it when my mom made me go! She wanted me to make friends with the youth group, I just didn't like it cause i never really found anyone who I liked that liked me back!
    Jessycwr

Answer by Jessycwr at 7:07 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• What are they supposed to do , leave them home alone? Children learn what they live. The parents are setting an example for them by taking them to church. I'm guessing they also believe the scripture that says Train up a child in the ways of God and they will not depart.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:08 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• " I'm guessing they also believe the scripture that says Train up a child in the ways of God and they will not depart."

Is this specifically talking about church?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:11 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• The Catholic church DOES require attendance once a week and holy days of obligations.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 7:16 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• For one my kids are too young to stay home by themselves so for now were I go they go. Also how do you teach your kids about your faith if they don't attend mass. Once they are older they will have to decide for themselves.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:23 PM on Jan. 4, 2010