infected ingrown hair

I have an ingrown hair thats infected on my leg right below my butt. I dont shave there so i have no idea how it happened. I went to my ob today (im 39 weeks preg) and he didnt even check it when i told him. I dont know what to do because it hurts soooo bad to even sit down. What do i do??

rileysmomma17

Asked by rileysmomma17 at 7:05 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Health

• i was told that i had "an infected ingrown hair" same spot as you...it would keep coming and going..looked like a boil (for years) i recently went to the OBGYN and begged them to find out what it was so they took a sample of it and it came back as a bacteria infection
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:09 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• but a hot wash cloth on it it need to have the white head come up the you can pop it i had one and did it and then it went way
    Anonymous

• This is going to sound so bizarre, but if you use regular yellow mustard on it and cover it with a bandaid it will come to a head and you can use a sharp sewing needle to lance it. It sounds very bizarre but it works like a charm. Just make sure that you clean the area really well afterwards to prevent a recurring infection.
    mykidsmom75067

Answer by mykidsmom75067 at 8:31 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• If it's an ingrown hair you need to get it out - go on all 4s and have your hubby get the hair out, and it'll be fine within a day or two.
    Anonymous