Does anyone no of a good breast pump that's not going to cost a fortune?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Medela manual breast pump sold at babies r us http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2409078
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 7:16 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I got a cheap pump because I didn't want to spend a whole lot on one-- at the time, I thought that it would be just as good... WRONG! I had to send it back to get fixed TWICE before it broke a THIRD time. I scrapped it and decided to spend the money on the Medela. I LOVE my breast pump. I'm not pumping anymore, but it was SO MUCH NICER than the original one I bought...

christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 7:26 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• a good breastpump costs good money. its well worth it though. you may be able to find a good medela electric one on craigslist (used)
    Anonymous

• lansinoh double electric worked well for me but after about 8 months of use the knobs started to stick so bad that i had to use my TEETH to turn it on. lol. but it was a lot cheaper than the other double electrics i saw.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:28 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Avent manual pump. Got twice as much milk as an electric pump and only spent around $40.00.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:34 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• this is what i always say. if you spend the money on a cheap pump, it's not worth it. your supply will go down and you might have to use formula. if you do, the amount that you spend on formula will more than pay for a good pump.
    i had a first years pump and hated it!!! i fought to get my supply up so i wouldn't have to use formula. and for mother's day last yr, my husband bought me a medela pump. never had an issue after that.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:57 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Hello, I did not breast feed but I have been pregnant 4 time and have probably read more about being pregnant than most people. I don't know where you live but if you look up your local health department, they may be able to help you get one for a very low cost or even for free, because they promote you breast feeding. I hope that my answear helped you! Good luck!
    independant_one

Answer by independant_one at 10:01 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• i would try contacting your local WIC office (woman infant children) they will loan out hospital grade breast pumps at no cost, they also have certified lactation consultants to answer any questions...they let you use the breast pump for as long as you breast feed. hope this helps :)
    purplemoon888

Answer by purplemoon888 at 2:30 AM on Jan. 5, 2010