What is the most you've ever paid for a book?

I want to read this book that's $35. The library has been out of it for two weeks. Maybe I'll go camp out at the bookstore every day and read it lol.

benjamink

Asked by benjamink at 7:18 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Besides expensive text books the most expensive book I bought for my personal interest was $48 plus shipping. I wanted it so bad that I saved up for it. I bought it and it's still sitting here, never been read! Maybe I should read it as a new year resolution! I try to get them at the library. I even have them order them from other libraries but no one had this particular book.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:24 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• $50.. It was an auto biography on Michael Jordan and when I was teenager I was obsessed with him soooo I bought it.
    tasase

Answer by tasase at 7:25 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• $26 for a Laurell Hamilton hardback book on the Anita Blake series. Since then I've learned to go online to Amazon.com and buy my books/dvd's used and save a fortune.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 7:26 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Check with your library, you might be able to put your name on it so when it comes in you get it. Just curious, what book is it?
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 7:27 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Under the Dome, the new Stephen King book. I actually just called my local drugstore and they have it for 25% off so I'm heading out now lol.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 7:32 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I paid $70 for my college yearbook.

The most I've paid for a novel is $15.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:55 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Text books in college were very expensive! But those withstanding, I once paid around 50 bucks for a book on Picasso for a boyfriends birthday present. We aren't together anymore, it is probably holding up one of his end tables by now lol

salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• $4, I'm very stingy.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I paid 90 bucks for The Beautiful and Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald it is a mint condition first printing signed by the author. Not clue what it is worth but I was happy to add it to my collection. Have many first addition books most I got for very littl at garage sales people had no clue what they were sitting on. My husband was able to get me a first addition Gone With the Wind book cost him nothing his friends mom died and owned a copy they gave it to me.

Anonymous

• About $30 for a novel by Karen Robards it was her new book. I don't know if you know who she is or anything but her books are great.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 8:55 PM on Jan. 4, 2010