How Much Coffee/Espresso...?

Mochas........mmmmmmmmmm, Mochas. :) Especially with hazelnut. Got an espresso machine for Christmas. And while tinkering with the perfect portions of everything I will probably be drinking alot. So my question how much is safe to have while pregnant? I drank them before, and while pregnant with DD, but never had the ability to go make my own when I get the hankering. So tell me my limit lol. Thanks mamas. :)

Sparta.

Asked by Sparta. at 7:19 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My dr told me two cups a day wouldnt hurt anything. But honestly, I didnt really care what he said, I went and bought a HUGE cup so that I could have two of those and get away with it. Looking back, I probably wouldnt drink so much, even though it didnt hurt him at all.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 7:50 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• my doctor said one cup a day is fine, which is about 1 shot of espresso, since they add more caffine to it. at least you can get it in decaf too! i had people tell me i couldnt even drink decaf bc it still have a little bit of caffine, but thats bull. it has to be at LEAST 97% caffiene free to be labeled decaf.

im a huge coffee adict, and if i had a machine id be making one right now lol!
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 7:24 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I have heard you are supose to have 1 cup of coffee a day.

Answer by louise2 at 7:25 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• lmbo erika, i had just de-virginized the machine, and made one, and made it too strong lol, not bad for my first attempt at all, just too strong. That's what made me decide to come ask lol. 1 cup=1 shot....hmmmm....definitely had too much today then.
    Sparta.

Answer by Sparta. at 7:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I miss my chai tea lattes.. and carmel lattes as well, but as soon as i found out i was preggo i gave them ALL UP.. No caffeine for me until the baby pops out :)
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 7:37 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• maybebaby I wish I could do that....okay wait no I don't lol. Moderation is the key to anything. Hence why I am asking. :) Not trying to be rude, if it came across that way.. :) I need some form of caffeine lol I have a toddler to chase around too.
    Sparta.

Answer by Sparta. at 7:49 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• well as my midwife says Coffee, any type cold/hot decaf not decaf organic or not it messes up the calcium inside you and the baby. she said one cup is okay and she rather see people drink tea. But i drink coffee still, one cup every 2 days or so.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 8:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Thanks mamas! LMBO auqa!! That is totally me!!! I figure I will only be experiementing on the days I have stuff to do and need that extra something. i don't normally drink some everyday, just the days I am busy, or need a mood boost lol.
    Sparta.

Answer by Sparta. at 9:54 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• hahab sparta, you will get thwe hang of it. i was a barista for several years, and when i lived w my parents my dad had me make him a capaccino every morning on his machine! its in the 1st trimester that they worry more about it. they say 1 1/2 to 2 cups in the first trimester doubles the risk of miscarriage bc it can cause cramping and such. after that its not such a big deal.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 10:17 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I didn't think my first attempt was horrible lol. And I'm in my second almost 3rd trimester
    Sparta.

Answer by Sparta. at 11:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2010