Im so tired, but im afraid if i lay down i wont get back up...help!

I am in pain constantly for the last 5 months. Every place that my body bends hurts, along with my chest(like when you've had a bad cough and it just aches), and im only 24 yrs old.

Im so tired, I have been to two doctors and a nurse pratictionor(first) and am scheduled to see a rheumatologist, but the earliest appt i could get was Middle feb.

I've been tested for RA and Lupus and my blood work shows no sign of infection or inflamation. I've been through 4 medications and none of it helps.

Tried hot baths cold packs, none of it lessens the pain.

any ideas and tips on how to manage the pain is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

tntmom1027

Asked by tntmom1027 at 7:26 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Health

• Have you tried massages or any type of physical therapy or just stretches to keep muscles flexible so the joints won't hurt as much? Tell them to put you on a cancellation list in case someone cancels an appt you can get in earlier than mid Feb

Answer by admckenzie at 7:29 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I'm surprised that, in the interum, the doctor's haven't referred you to a pain management center.

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 7:28 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• ask yhour doc if they can call the reumatoligist and get yo in early (I work at a peds office and we do this all the time)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• My MIL has severe Vitamin D deficiency. She aches terribly. Light therapy has helped her and even tanning beds, especially in winter. I know some with Fibromyalga. Maybe you could research those in the meantime?
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 7:37 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• i already asked them that...but its a no go they say..there are only two rhemos in town w/ 60+tousand ppl.

Ewadun- I don't know if they just don't relize how much pain im in(i've tried to be direct and tell them) or just don't believe me, but the only referral they offered was rhemo.

Admckenzie- I haven't tried massages...i've actually NEVER had one done...maybe i will check around and invest in a few. I've tried stretches and such.

Thanks again.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:37 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I am sorry you are in pain, your short question does not supply much information my question is how long have you been with your physican? Has he/she given you a health plan (we will try diet, tests, med/s etc.) you may want to reconsider and get another medical opinion. How is your mental health? I am not saying it's all in your head but our mental state affects our whole body. You also may be having side effects from the meds you are taking, are you reporting this to your doctor? Alternative med, may also be an option. May G-d Bless you.
    GreatBubby

Answer by GreatBubby at 7:41 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I'm so sorry you are going through this! It's a horrible feeling to be in pain and not know why. I don't know if this will help you or not, but I started to develop psoriatic arthritis in my joints, especially my knees. I couldn't believe how bad it ached! Anyway, I started drinking green smoothies every day and adding more raw and whole foods to my diet and my pain and inflamation went away. If you want more info, just google green smoothies and you'll find lots of info and recipes. Hope that helps!
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 8:01 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• is ur thyroid messed up? or maybe fibromyalgia. my mom has that super bad and she is in pain alot, my thyroid is meesed up and i get bad pains like what u r describing, i was told it was from it being messed up too.
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 12:21 AM on Jan. 5, 2010