how do I get quaters etc out o fthe CD player?

My son decided to stick quarters etc. in the CD player in my car. Now I can't get them out and I have a CD in there as well. How to I get them out... I really don't care about the CD, but I want my CD player fixed!!! HELP... my husband's going to be sooo mad!

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 7:29 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Technology

• Your only option is to remove the radio and dissect it.
    Anonymous

• There is no reason for dh to be angry. Little children love to explore their world. This is how they learn so it's not the child's fault. Tell dad to put a safety plate on it to keep it from happening again. Do you have long tweezers? I would try that

Answer by admckenzie at 7:32 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• My DH said you can take the player out of the car, take it apart and get the coins out that way.. Sounds like alot of work. Can you stick a nail file in there and try to scoop them out or grab them with tweezers? IDK, just some ideas..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:34 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Can it be popped out and shaken like a piggy bank?

Answer by admckenzie at 7:35 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• ok thanks everyone :) I did get a few out earlier today but when I was getting them out I think I made some go even further back. I have twizzers but they weren't long enough... maybe a nail filer or butterknife?
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 7:36 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• My dd just said to take the face plate off and you can get them out with the cd

Answer by admckenzie at 7:37 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I don't think there's a face plate or anything like that. the CD player came with the van.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 7:47 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Try one of those thin metal nail files if you have one. It's thinner than tweezers and might just do the trick.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 7:58 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• idk but gl
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:30 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Remove the player.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:23 AM on Nov. 12, 2010