Does a recovery for c-section hurt?

Happymother82

Asked by Happymother82 at 7:42 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• yes, however, they do give you something for the pain, just make sure you take it easy, really easy, don't lift anything heavier than your baby for a while!
    Anonymous

• Yes. It hurts to stand up, lie and sit down. Walking is uncomfortable too.
    Anonymous

• For me it was mostly a burning sensation all along the incision line, especially when standing up or stretching that area. It lasted a few weeks, getting lighter and lighter.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 7:51 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Yes it does hurt some since it is a surgery. But there are a few things that help with the pain. If you need to cough afterwards hold a pillow tightly against the incision and that will help with the pain. Make sure to get up and walk as soon as the nurses allow you to. It won't feel so great but the longer you stay immobile the more it will hurt when you do move. I was not allowed up for 24 hours after my first c-section... I was in so much pain that I didn't think i'd ever get in a standing position. With my second c-section I was up and moving within 7 hours and the recovery was much less painful than the first.
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 8:10 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Mine wasn't bad at all after I got over my initial issues with the anesthesia. I never had any real pain past the first day or so, either time, but since I had instructions to rest and stuff for at least two weeks, I milked it for all I could get out of it.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 8:17 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Oh god yes. It is all pain pain pain. But the medicine does help some. The pillow for coughing is great advice. Showering and using the bathroom was hardest for me.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 8:42 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Yes, but it's not unbearable. The first day is the worst, but each day gets easier. After a week, I would only have pain when I coughed or twisted strangly. I had appendix surgery 8 months later (it burst during surgery, so it was more complicated than expected) and that recovery I think was harder. (The csection less muscles are cut, rather moved. For the appnedix, they just cut!) Funny thing- my cesction scar is cleaner and less noticable than the appendix scar. Even my OB said if I have another csection next time, he might be able to fix the ap. scar! LOL!
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 9:39 PM on Jan. 4, 2010