Why is it that ......

A father can leave there children and not care. But if a mother decides that she cant take care of the child and puts the child up for adoption she is made to be the bad one.

I take care of my children and wonder why I am the bad one because my oldset was adopted by my parents, her father left before she was born.

nawnie

Asked by nawnie at 7:49 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• I agree it is such a double standard. The effects are the same.
    JenM1975

Answer by JenM1975 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• You shouldnt feel bad and you shouldnt worry about what someone else says. You did what was right. Atleast you gave her to somebody in the family and you can still her?
    Have you ever thought about getting your rights back for her since you are older now and doing better? Or are you all just comfortable with the situation how it is?
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Men are bashed plenty on here and men get the shaft daily when they want to be in their kids lives. My brothers ex had a baby and placed it for adoption and never told him until the child was 7 years old. My son was never given a choice about his daughter and the adoptive parents will not allow him to know anything about her or send pictures. He didn't give his child up she was stolen from him. I don't think an adoption should be allowed until a woman gives up who the father is. He is not the only one this has happened to. She left and did this and I feel for him.
    Anonymous

• Have you ever thought about getting your rights back for her since you are older now and doing better? Or are you all just comfortable with the situation how it is?

He child is not a dog that can just be passed around. Wow.
    Anonymous

• I am ok with were my daughter is at. I just wish that some people would keep their op about birth moms tame, I have a hard enough time dealing with how I feel. Don't make me feel worset.
    nawnie

Answer by nawnie at 6:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2010