At 15 months did your child still have the fixation to put EVERYTHING in their mouth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son is 3 now and sometimes he does it still, mostly to see what my reaction will be
    Anonymous

• My son just turned 16 months and is just now starting to put everything in his mouth! We thought we were so lucky when he was bringing everything he found over to us. LOL Between that and throwing EVERYTHING it's driving me crazy! =)
    Anonymous

• It's funny you ask this because I have two children a 3 year old and a 2 year old. The other day I was thinking to my self "Did my son who is the 3 year old, stick things in his mouth when he was 2 like his sister?" Well I don't really remember him doing it but sure enough my daughter, the 2 year old, just can't seem to keep things out of her mouth. It's difficult when you have to share toys and there are teeth marks in my sons things because she cant seem to keep them out of her mouth. Hoping she will get over it soon. Good luck to you!
    independant_one

Answer by independant_one at 9:52 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Yes...she outgrew it around 18 mo. or so. It had more to do with teething than anything with my daughter. Once her teeth were mostly in, she quit putting stuff in her mouth. (Although, she did get a tooth a couple weeks ago and put a few random things in her mouth even then.)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 12:28 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My daughter did this until almost four...

Answer by rkoloms at 8:13 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My son did this until about 18 months or so. He still does it occasionally, but not as much. Like he doesn't put rocks in his mouth or wood chips from the playground like he used to, but he will still eat dog food and he was biting the glass ornaments on the tree. So it's really random.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• My dd is still doing it at 18 months
    kelbel619

Answer by kelbel619 at 8:58 AM on Jan. 5, 2010