Help with cradle cap!!

What did you guys use to treat this? My DD has it but its not bad. Any at home remedy's?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I put vasoline on my son's head and left it for a few hours (it actually stayed longer than that since it didn't come off very well lol) And I used a fine tooth comb (like a barber uses) and combed it out gently. It worked but he had a greasy head for a few days :)
    I've heard of using baby oil and using dawn dish liquid to get it out but I haven't tested it to know for sure.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 8:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• BTW the dawn was used to get the oil out not the cradle cap lol
    heartfrommyson

• My son had it from the age of 8 months to about 5 or 6. It came on occasion,and I used baby oil to soften it, and a baby comb to remove the dry skin. Good luck!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Olive oil and coconut oil are great home remedies for cradle cap. Massage it into their scalp and then wash and comb out their hair with a baby comb. I would not recommend vaseline, it's really hard to get out of hair.
    Anonymous

• coconut or olive oil, no need to wash out

vaseline is a bad petroleom product
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:13 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I use baby oil on my sons hair and I do not wash it out! I use it and then comb his hair, he has very curly hair so it actually helps with the curls as well!
    simplysmiles13

Answer by simplysmiles13 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I used olive oil and rubbed gently with a soft bristle toothbrush.
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 9:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I use Koala Pals hair wash - its the only shampoo that won't irritate my kids' skin - also try melaleuca oil blended with olive oil on the scalp - apply before shampooing - leave on for several minutes. Good luck!
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 11:19 AM on Jan. 5, 2010