My belly is hard for hours at a time. Everything says that BH shouldn't last for more than minutes at a time, yet it has been going for hours.

I have tried lying down, eating supper, drinking a couple glasses of water, walking around, and it's still hard. it is extremely uncomfortable. One little part north of my belly button feels bruised-ish. And my back is starting to ache bad.
This has happened before, but never lasted more than a half hour or so.

cmcglaun

Asked by cmcglaun at 8:07 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well even normal contractions dont last for hours, atleast not all at one time. sometimes your baby can ball up and make your tummy very hard and also can be very painful. if it lasts to long you can always call your doctor after hours and ask them about it. when my baby does it i just take a warm bath which helps during the bath but when i get out i feel like crap again. lol
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 8:21 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Your baby could be laying so that his/her back/butt are against that part of your belly, making it feel like a contraction, and the arms & legs would be kickin & hitting against your back. I had one baby who loved laying like that, even though it was hell on me.
    Anonymous

• You could be in labor too. Take a warm shower to relax the uterine muscles. If you are still uncomfortable get checked. Better safe than sorry.
    Anonymous

• Thank you so much! it went away after I layed down for two hours and quit panicking. Now I have a temp of 101 and the doc won't call me back. I have no other cold symptoms, but my cat has a cold. Anyone know if it's possible to catch a kitty cold?
    cmcglaun

Answer by cmcglaun at 1:46 PM on Jan. 6, 2010