Give me some ideas on Cooking for my Toddler!!!

Okay, my Toddler won't eat any Veggies now. She's at the age she doesn't want to eat much of anything other than Grilled Cheese's, Apple Sauce, Yogurt, Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches, Fruit, Pizza, Mac & Cheese, Pancakes, Eggs. What Veggies can I hide in what little she does eat???
I thought Sweet Potatoes in her Pancakes, I can't come up with anything else.

marcnsarah

Asked by marcnsarah at 8:09 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• or bananas or blueberries in the pancakes. spaghetti and tomato sauce. will she eat meatloaf? you can mix some bbq sauce in it and puree some veggies to add in
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 8:11 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• She will only eat Chicken & maybe a hamburger if i'm lucky. No prob with Fruit, just the Veggies!
    marcnsarah

Answer by marcnsarah at 8:13 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• i mix peas in with mac & cheese or (my daughter is 12 months) put a green bean on the spoon with the mac and cheese and she eats it. i'm having a hard time with her with veggies also but she ate the pureed baby veggies just fine so i think she's having texture issues. i just kinda have to mix them in and give it to her on the spoon or fork with the food she does like and she gets it that way.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:22 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• fresh veggies with dips, veggie pizza, puree veggies and mix them into other foods
    Anonymous

• Try grinding up veggies & mixing them in things she likes already - carrot shavings in grilled cheese, broccoli in mac & cheese...
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:35 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I call this the air-o-tarian phase! They all go through it. First, make sure that she is drinking water, so she doesn't get dehydrated.
    Most important, do not create a monster who only eats nuggets, mac and cheese and hot dogs.
    Just keep offering a variety of healthy foods, and eventually she will start eating.
    Frozen foods are fun to play with, and will get eaten, like peas, blueberries and corn. Chunks of avocado and tofu are loaded with great nutrition, and are fun to squish between little fingers.
    I have never met a toddler who wouldn't eat hummus (lots of calcium, protein, good fats and iron), you can mix it with a mashed egg.
    Offer cut fruits with yogurt dip, fresh veggies with hummus or salad dressing, cooked whole wheat pasta and veggies with marinara or peanut sauce or cheese sauce.

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 8:04 AM on Jan. 5, 2010

• We use the 3 bite rule. You must try 3 bites of what is on your plate; if you don't like it, you fix yourself peanut butter and honey on whole grain toast with a kiwi or apple. Even my husband is expected to follow the rule.
    If you cave now, you will forever have a picky monster on your hands. I promise that your child will not starve. Moms who cave are part of the reason why by the end of next year one half of American children will be both undernourished and overweight. One third of children born in this century will develop type 2 diabetes.
    Keep offering a variety of healthy foods; stop buying junk foods until the picky phase has passed

Answer by rkoloms at 8:05 AM on Jan. 5, 2010