whats your opinion on the middle name?

as most have read already My unborn baby's father killed himself & we only decided on a first name together (olivia) - he was suppose to pick the middle name : / but since he was unable to - his dream was to have her have his last name I decided to give it to her as a middle name ( taylor) so she'll be named Olivia taylor ..then my last name! 50% of my friends & family adore the idea but the other 50% think its stupid & i should give her a middle name with meaning...but for me it would of meant the world to him- the father who was so proud of having her & figured this way she can have his name with him forever. whats your opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Jan. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• That middle name DOES have meaning, one that she will proably treasure forever.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I think taylor has plenty of meaning. who cares if it has a 'baby book' meaning, it means something to YOU and to her when she understands. she'll always have a part of him with her no matter what she does - even after she gets married she'll have her daddy.

Olivia Taylor sounds pretty together too.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 8:18 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• LOVE IT
    I like the name, and the fact that it is his last name
    IMO its perfect

- sorry for your loss
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I love it. I am a bit surprised your friends would think otherwise considering that it is her fathers name. I see nothing wrong with passing on his name or with the name itself. I like it.
    emdred

Answer by emdred at 8:18 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• It's your child not everyone else's end of story. Name your baby whatever you want.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:21 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I think it's such a good idea. It will be something she can take with her for the rest of her life. She will always have his name to carry with her. I think it's a beautiful tribute to her father.. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:24 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• Wow, I can't believe you would even think twice about this. Name her Olivia Taylor for God's sake.
    Anonymous

• It's a beautiful name! I'm partial though because I have a daughter named Taylor, and love the name Olivia.

I am really sorry for your loss!
    mom2twingirl797

Answer by mom2twingirl797 at 8:32 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• I think that is a wonderful idea. It will mean a lot to both of you and I am sure her daddy would love it too :)
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 8:35 PM on Jan. 4, 2010

• who would possible say its a dumb idea? I think this is made up.
    Anonymous